Christmas Stockings

The Etsy Edmonton show went very well. In fact, it was the best show I've been to so far for both income and experience. I would definitely do it again!

I made 29 Christmas stockings for the show. If you were to ever wonder... how long does it take to make 29 quilted Christmas stockings? I can tell you it takes three 8 hour days. I sold 8 stockings and while I would have liked to have sold all 29 I am happy I sold 8. I have the remaining stockings divided up. Some are listed on Etsy and Daydreams of Quilts.com and some are in a local shop on consignment.

I used this free tutorial to make my stockings. Here is a look at the one's I have listed on Etsy and on my own website. I am doing one more Christmas show in November and I expect that Black Friday will be very busy online so I plan to have another marathon round of stocking making soon.

Quilted Stocking made with Tula Pink "Holiday Homies"

Stocking made with Tula Pink "Holiday Homies"

I think the is Riley Blake fabric in this stocking.

Above and below stockings made with Valorie Wells fabric and Kona solids.


Quilted stocking made with Winterkist fabric and mini pom-pom trim.



This week I have taken the week off from sewing to do a major fall cleaning of my house. Tomorrow I tackle the sewing room which will be quite a job. Wish me luck on that!